> It looks like the Debian maintainer at some point bumped the
simplejson dependency from (>= 1.4) to (>= 2.1.1). Zooko (or anyone), do
you have any idea why the dependency might have gotten bumped so much
higher than tahoe-lafs requires?

Well, ideally we would ask the Debian maintainers -- Bert Agaz and Micah
Anderson (per http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/tahoe-lafs ). Even
*more* ideally, they would have written down in a changelog entry why
they chose those values. I'll go look for such a thing in the Debian
packaging history.

As an upstream maintainer, I'm pretty confident that our upstream
requirements of simplejson >= 1.4, foolscap >= 0.6.1, and pycryptopp >=
0.5.20 are sufficient.

Backporters, which is the registrant for natty-backports.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/834361

Title:
  Please backport tahoe-lafs (1.8.3-0ubuntu1) from oneiric