While I will not argue that everyone has their own tools, but have you seen
ubuntu-dev-tools?
Specifically:
pget equivalent is pull-lp-source which can do this:
$ pull-lp-source autofs  (will pull the source package from raring)
$ pull-lp-source autofs5 lucid-updates ($distro-$pocket to pull from)
$ pull-lp-source autofs5 5.0.4-3.1ubuntu5.1 (exact version to pull)

Also there is $ pull-debian-source which does the same thing but fetches from
debian or snapshots.
Above includes _any_ of the old releases.

pcreate, pudate, pbuild etc can be used with pbuilder-dist

$ pbuilder-dist $distro [$arch] $action

Where actions are: create, update, build, clean, login, execute.

Plus it supports symlinks, e.g. you can create a symlink $ pbuilder-
dist-lucid, and it will tab-complete & default to lucid.

So my question is why do you want these, instead of using pbuilder-dist
& pull-lp-source from the ubuntu-dev-tools package which is already in
precise and has all of these tools supporting all releases (past and
development).

(it can even use cowbuilder for faster build)

Backporters, which is subscribed to Precise Backports.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1068723

Title:
  Please backport pbuilder-scripts 17 (universe) from quantal