** Description changed:

  During the development of trusty cinnamon debian packages was old and with
many problems, after they had 3 new maintainers and now 2.2 packages are
present in debian 8 and vivid and are good.
  I think can be good add them in trusty-backports.

  I already tested it in trusty and the needed changes are:
- cinnamon: applying this patch:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cinnamon/+bug/1426762
+ cinnamon: needed changes already in 2.2.16-5ubuntu1
  cinnamon-desktop-environment: needed changes already in 2.2.4ubuntu1
  nemo and cinnamon-menus: in gir .install file
usr/lib/*/girepository-1.0/...->usr/lib/girepository-1.0/

  For now part of cinnamon packages are not present in trusty and other are
old, users that use packages present (for example nemo) have many bugs already
solved in 2.2.
  Many other users install/upgrade it from other repositories having problems
like these:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cinnamon/+bug/1279762
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nemo/+bug/1374673

  If you need more informations/tests tell me and I'll post them.
  If backports will be accepted but builds ready and tested are needed I'll
prepare all updated packages in launchpad ready for upload.

  Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.

Backporters, which is subscribed to trusty-backports.

Title:
  Please backport cinnamon 2.2 and related software from vivid to trusty