Martin, please go ahead with this. Until you're added to backporters,
ping me or someone else for queue accept. (Or if you're still in ubuntu-
archive, JFDI.)

I'm happy for you to do this in future without paperwork, as long as
each upload is smoke tested (b/i/r) before pushing.

We don't have autopkgtest hooked up for -backports at the minute. That
might be an interesting feature to work on. In the meantime, if your
package has them, you can trigger it manually from a PPA and then link
the results into this bug report for reference.

One thing is that backports policy requires the upgrade path to be
maintained. At the minute, that means that z -> x backports need to go
to y too.

** Also affects: yakkety-backports

Backporters, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1686022

Title:
  Please backport cockpit 138-1 and future versions from devel