I edited the /etc/wvdial.conf file as per Omi's instruction. Closing the
file does not allow me to use the terminal again. So I saved and quit the
window. Typing wvdial gives the information that the modem is intialized but
then put three lines stating that the configuration file does not specify a
valid phone number, nor a valid username nor a valid password. I tried by
deleting the default <> signs around these info and also by including them
in quotes, always with the same result. I opened the /etc/wvdial.conf file
and found that the information are there alright. So where lies the problem
?