Of course, Linux is not Windows. But that does not imply GUI means
Windows. In fact, GUI was invented by Xerox for a Unix-like OS. Then
Apple bought it from them and made Macintosh, then Bill stole it from
Apple to build Windows.

Using GUI on Linux or on any Unix is not harmful. You know, Mac is
known as the sexiest desktop ever just for it's look and amazing Aqua.
Mac OS X is a certified UNIX(TM). You can run every piece of CLI in
Mac OS X.

I advocate for Linux for various reasons. One of them is to have a
friendly computing environment so that I can share all my computing
needs, including software, data, music, video and what not, with my
friends and the world. I don't want to get a wmv file from my friend
which I cannot play on my machine. I don't want to send an .odt file
to my friend who does not know how to open them in Windows. And I
definitely don't want to get a .docx file which I cannot modify on my
Linux.

Also, as I am a permanent user of Mac/Ubuntu. My friends and
colleagues think, I am a geek or computer savvy. So whenever their
Windows fail, they run to me and ask for the solution. When I tell
them I don't know how to solve this Windows problem, they just stare
at me and tell me, "How come you not know this? You use Linux!"

The thing is using Linux does not make anyone a geek. And using
Windows does not make anyone dumb.

--
M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)
Wessex Institute of Technology