Well, after I upgraded to 8.10 3rd November, I found that auto update
notifications aren't working anymore. And at a later time the shutdown menu
button disappeared.
The Skype calling is not yet fixed.
Use FreeOpenSourceSoftwares, Stop piracy, Let the developers live. Get
a Free CD of Ubuntu mailed to your door without any cost. Visit :
www.ubuntu.com