From: Nasimul Haque <nasim.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-BD] Linus Torvalds Switched Back To Gnome
To: "Ubuntu Bangladesh" <ubuntu-bd@lists.ubuntu.com>
Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 4:20 PM

Cm'on guys, he didn't say he hate KDE. He just said, it was not a good
idea to release KDE 4.0. Releasing Alpha software to the userbase is
never a good idea. I don't like KDE as well, but I don't hate it.
Although I use E17 and Gnome for my everyday use, I love to develop on
Qt. This is the most beautiful toolkit available for developers. KDE 4
has some very nice improvements in the core system. Actually, those
are far more better than Gnome or any other WM/DE. It's only a bad
decision from KDE devs that they released it too early. As I said it
in another debate here earlier. Gnome is ageing and the developers
also want to catch up. They are planning for Gnome 3 as well. If you
try to follow those discussions, you'll find they are accepting many
ideas from KDE4.

This is really good for us users. As long as there are competitions we
are all winners.

Nasim
--
M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)