I am using Maximus mobile phone. But I am not able to connect to the
internet.

My wvdial.conf: (Auto Generated By wvdialconf)

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Modem Type = USB Modem
ISDN = 0
Phone = *99#
Modem = /dev/ttyACM0
Username = gp
Password = gp
Baud = 460800

Modified wvdial.conf:

[Dialer Defaults]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Init3 = AT+CGDCONT =1,"IP","gpinternet"
Modem Type = USB Modem
ISDN = 0
Phone = *99#
Modem = /dev/ttyACM0
Username = gp
Password = gp
Baud = 460800

First of them has these outputs:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.60
--> Cannot get information for serial port.
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
ATZ
OK
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
OK
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT*99#
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATDT*99#
CONNECT
~[7f...@!}!} } }2}"}&} } } } }...@#}'}"}(}"R[04]~
--> Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
--> Connected, but carrier signal lost!  Retrying...
--> Sending: ATDT*99#
--> Waiting for carrier.
~[7f...@!}!}!} }2}"}&} } } } }...@#}'}"}(}"][14]~~[7f...@!}!}"} }2}"}&} } }
} }...@#}'}"}(}"l$~~[7f...@!}!}#} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"c4~~[7f...@!}!}$} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"nd~~[7f...@!}!}%} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"at~~[7f...@!}!}&} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"pd~~[7f...@!}!}'} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"[7f]t~~[7f...@!}!}(} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"*}$~~[7f...@!}!})} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"%}4~~[7f...@!}!}*} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"4$~~[7f...@!}!}+} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}";4~~[7f...@!}!},} }2}"}&} } } }
}...@#}'}"}(}"[16]d~~[7f...@!}!}-} }2}"}&} } } } }...@#}'}"}(}"[19]T~

It continues until I terminate it pressing Ctrl + C.

The second one shows "Bad init string error".

I have also tried changing the phone number.

Alternatively, I tried Gnome PPP. No result. It can detect my modem as an
analogue modem. When I connect, it stops with a message "Sending
password...."

I checked the "log" option and it displays: "Please enter your password: (or
empty password to stop)"

Please help me out. My phone works fine under windows.

--
Abu Ashraf Masnun
Grad Student, BBA,