Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html>  -
"The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:03 AM, samir <sam1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think installing ubuntu along with everything you had already is
> something
> big guys won't even try, shameful indeed. Its amazing that you did it with
> flying colours, and proved how well Ubuntu and its users are getting along.
> Thanks for you mail, will inspire a few more to this wonderful and really
> easy (i bet it is) world of Ubuntu.
>
> And yes, you are right. This is an amazing group. I would like you to know
> that with internet and ubuntu (or linux for that matter), you can go
> anywhere and do everything you could in windows. First of all, try
> searching
> for things you want to know in google, like "best media player for ubuntu",
> and you may well be amazed. There's this link I share, helped me so many
> times, make sure you don't miss it. http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ .
>
> One last thing, learn also from the ubuntu forums. I actually never had to
> look beyond these resources; this group, the forum, and the internet. Here
> it is: http://ubuntuforums.org/
>
> Hope you really enjoy the safe, secure, virus-free and indeed friendly
> world
> of computing in ubuntu.
>
> NB: If you like grphical enhancements, go for kubuntu. Surprises await.

Well, we gnome users find gnome with lots of stunning graphical enhancements
as well. And kind of dislike KDE :)
In the last Ubuntu Live seminar I exhibited some of the effects which were
shown in gnome too. Dont think I didn't use KDE/kubuntu I have KDE, xfce,
openbox as alternate GUI environment on same box. But love the looks of
gnome.
--
Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu-bd.org