2009/11/1 Shahriar Tariq <shahr...@linux.org.bd>:
> On Sunday 01 November 2009 17:54:21 Nasimul Haque wrote:
>> I believe you are talking about UEC pack. It is not available for
>> Kubuntu. Also, the project is not very active now-a-days. Instead use
>> VLC or MPlayer.
> AFAIK
> there was an unofficial (and also unmaintained) UEC pack for Kubuntu appeared
> later on. Shabab Bhai can say better... have not tried either version. :S
>
> --
> Ubuntu Bangladesh | http://ubuntu-bd.org
> ubuntu-bd@lists.ubuntu.com

If the uec codec pack is not maintained anymore, all is not lost.
Ubuntu provides a package (well actually a meta-package), called
ubuntu-restricted-extras. You can download it, then go to the
/var/cache/apt/archives/ folder to get the downloaded .deb packages.
Then you can copy it to a flash disk(commonly known as a "pen drive").
Then distribute it to the pc's which are not connected to the
internet.
Another way is to install the aptoncd program. It will take the
downloaded packages, then nicely create a CD image for you, which you
can burn to a blank CD, then use that CD to install on any computer
you like to, all done in a graphical way.

$ sudo aptitude install aptoncd

--
Saad M Niamatullah

--