On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Md Arif Ahmed Roni <roni21...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> amar home directory te 20GB allocate kora ase. kintu kono karon carai free
> space kome ekhon 800MB hoe gese. keu kono solution diben kivabe ami free
> space barate pari.

If your home directory had 20GB, but currently showing 800MB, mean
there is some auto created hidden folder inside your directory. Some
of Auto Created Directory is Impotent, some are not.  You can see the
hidden file, folder by issuing command in terminal:

$ls -la

It will show you the hidden folder / file (Any file directory name
start with . (dot) will be hidden on normal operation, I think You
already know that). To remove directory use command:

$rm -rf .directory_name
$rm .filename

WARNING: Issuing command 'rm' with option -r will delete the folder
and option -rf will just delete the thing. So be careful to use 'rm'
command with -rf option.

Best of Luck & Happy Linuxing...

--
Regards