Op 14-feb-07, om 10:16 heeft Jan Claeys het volgende geschreven:

> The "programs don't run without admin rights" issue is slowly going
> away.

For over 90% of the program installations in vista you need approval.
The short period I ran and tested the systems, I've seen 'OK' buttons
everywhere.

>> Precompiled packages on linux are a bit difficult (system
>> directories),
>
> There are 'klik' and similar systems.  And most programs allow
> overriding the system settings with ~/.blah files or directories
> anyway.
>
>>  but if you compile the software yourself, you can specify the
>> installation directory at configuration time (your homedir for
>> instance).
>
> And for an easy way to compile everything, there is NetBSD's portable
> 'pkgsrc' infrastructure (and maybe Gentoo's 'portage' can be used in
> your home directory too?).

Indeed. But you can't mess up your base system as an ordinary user.
Isn't that the best of two worlds?