Op woensdag 21-01-2009 om 00:34 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Michel
Daggelinckx:
> Last night i had a short talk with janC about creating a cd/dvd for a
> business server.

> Small business often lack the skills to use an out of the box distro
> so i think this will add value to the ubuntu line of products.

> On a local level we should also focus on translation.
>
> This should contain software needed by small bussinesses and easy
> configuration trough a web interface.

Either a web interface and/or a GUI that can access a remote admin
service.

> included software:
[snip]

I think starting simple would be a better idea (e.g. setting up a
reliable VoIP server/PBX isn't as easy as it seems).

> installer options for server or desktop so only 1 disk is needed.
> desktop containing no games, multimedia only basic business
> applications.

I don't think this would be a good idea: server & desktop are really
different things (but a server with X installed might be useful for this
public).

> Do we have the knowledge to do this?

I'd sure want the input from people like Serge van Ginderachter and
other people "from the field" about this.

Also, knowledge won't be the issue probably, but time will be.

--
Jan Claeys