Hi folks,

According to the Visual Identity guidelines, one cannot change the shape
or colour of the circle of friends.
I also read that there has to be a "registered trademark" sign when the
ubuntu logo is being published in a size over 3 cm wide.
Yesterday there also leaked a beta version of the ubuntu-font on the
internet. Only the internationalisation of the font isn't finished yet.
The beta version is complete for our language, it works well, and I used
it in this version.
I also used the official cmyk colours for this one.
Personally, I think that the Belgian colours don't work well with the
orange of the Ubuntu logo in any way (trust me, i tried to make them
work), and logos with Belgian colours give a rather cluttered impression
(except for the ones where the circle of friends have the colours, but
as we said earlier, we can't).
Furthermore, using both the belgian colours and the "be"-text seems
double, as everyone understands "be" stands for "Belgium".

We have to keep it clean and simple. That's the only way to keep things
highly recognisable, and true to the minimalistic direction and the
decluttering actions both Canonical and the distribution have taken
recently (eg. Ubuntu Light and the Unity desktop).

When I created the current posters (Ontketen je computer), I took a
minimalistic approach as well, because I thought it was the right way to
go. I haven't changed my mind since then...

But that's just me...

Regards,
Steven.