On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM, martijn cielen <mcie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Are these USB 3.0 still compatible with USB 2.0? Also in the future? If
> > yes, no problem, if not we might be forced to do a hardware
> > upgrade....?
>
> 3.0 is fully backward compatible with 2.0

yes... the connector is "bigger" but a usb2.0 connector still fits ...
a usb 2.0 device is even slightly faster on a usb 3.0 port due to "new"
chipsets

usb 3.0 is primordly necessary for "ssd" as the usb sticks & harddisks were
practically fast enough...

> > Also.. Don't USB 3.0 sticks cost more at the moment compared to USB 2.0
> > sticks?

yes... it will take a while untill that is gone...
this wednesday you can buy a usb 3.0 harddisk in aldi shop :-)