IRC meeting 26/05/2011 – ReportPresent at the meeting (in random order) : JanC,
massimo21, clamam, jurgentje, DarkEra, mongolito404, hfsdo, tom___, pvr
(=pep_), woutervddn
1. EventsA. Past  Event - Release Party Bitmappers was ok, about 45 people
where there. Clamam gave a presentation (he will put it online soon) - Release
Party Brugge had about 15 people.
B. Future Events        - We've got the Braai comming up, everybody can still
sign in via the doodle.. (Thx to Jan Bongaerts)   - Hackerspace Antwerp is
holding a little VoidCon. Ubuntu-be crew is more than welcome to give a
lightning talk, keynote, etc... Info can be found at
http://we.voidwarranties.be/index.php/Voidcon.    - With the lack of Dipro
fairs this summer we're aiming for Festivals. Some festivals set Computers out
for their visitors. We're going to ask to a few festival organizers to let
those PC's run Ubuntu). We'll try to be @ "Rock Ternat" this year (7 & 8
octobre). JanC will ask the "Ten Vrede" crew. Volunteers: please apply!
2. PromotionA. Flyers : Ready to be printed, because of the "empty" summer
we've got plenty of time to get them printed. (Can be printed in 2 weeks though
if we have new events during summer)
B. Roll-ups: Nothing New
C. USB sticks:  - The ML loves the idea - We can put our custom ISO on it
(volunteers Apply via ML)     - We shouldn't make a loss on it        - Needs
to be a real Ubuntu-be stick    - Depending on the price we might take USB 3.0
(Although 2.0 is still adviced)  - We can use dd to create them  - 4GB is
adviced (price is in consideration though)     - At least 3 volunteers are
needed to do this   - Final Call by Council - 20 to 30 stick test-drive project
is a good idea (although a bigger order is required if we want custom branded
sticks)       - Council is discussing this3. Update Wiki and Web-site:        -
ToDo's and Ideas can still be added to
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/Website/Overview    - Nothing new
4. Next IRC meeting on Thursday 09/06/2011 at 21h.
grts

Wouter