2011/9/14 wouter Vandenneucker <wouterv...@hotmail.com>

> ise' in this field, feel free to drop your comments on the page or leave
> them on the ML.

> software I use:

   - [[http://uck.sourceforge.net/] Ubuntu Customization Kit - add "default"
   NL/FR language packs - Kde/Gnome/other - ubuntu-11.04-desktop-i386.iso
   - "systeem"->"beheer"->"opstartschijf maken"; choose iso ; choose
   destination

UCK allows you to add several packages and languages.... but I haven't yet
managed to get it to use "azerty" keyboard at boot...  but it will be in
Dutch and offer French/German/English support.... By default it will be
"classic ubuntu" if used as a "live usb" but once installed on harddisk the
"unity" interface will be default.
You can add more packages as ubuntu by default doesn't support mp3, divx,
flash... doesn't offer a nice dual boot switch... nor a "paint" program to
edit your screenshots... It does however by default contain "libreoffice"...
but no "parted"?

I've noticed that a 64bit iso will not allways boot nice on all systems so I
also state a 32bit should be used for maximum compatibility...

I've been using 1gbyte sticks laying arround...
"opstart schijf maken" doesn't do any verification check so it seems... out
of 4 writes.... 2 didn't boot well and required a new copy process....
perhaps DD is better used to write the custom iso?

Some sticks were slow... I guess newer/recent usb sticks are faster...
a usb disc can't be compared to an SSD in matter of speed... although both
are "flash" based?