Hi Jean,

your mail looks like a good one to reply to, to offer feedback about the meeting we had with the Ubuntu-be council. We discussed this topic on March 1st - all 4 members of the council were present.

This was the consensus we could agree on:

What to expect if you're a council member?
1. having been involved in ubuntu-be for some time
2. promise to stay involved for as long as you are a council member
3. promise to try to be a good example inside ubuntu-be
4. be fair and have ubuntu-be's future in mind in case of conflict
   resolution.
5. make sure we don't spend more money than we have

I know we had more ambitious ideas on the IRL meeting at my place - but now it seems the opinion has changed in the minds of the members. Basically it boils down to: empower the initiatives that happen.

Important words that are missing in the consensus are: coördinate, invite, contact point, official body, maintain, organize, set objectives.

I'm fully aware that this might sound rather frustrating and won't connect with expectations of many active members.

If another council would arise, they are obviously free to decide what priorities and tasks the council takes up.

We also kinda agreed that it would be good to have elections to allow for a new council to be elected. We talked about planning this on a next date - up to now no date was proposed to prepare this. I didn't do this either. Possibly a next Thursday night IRC meeting could have this on the agenda. If someone puts it on the agenda, it can probably happen. If a read IRC meeting happens, it probably would be a good idea to announce this on the mailinglist too.

Bottom line: the council won't coordinate this report - obviously a member of the council could take this up on an individual level.

Grtz,
Jurgen.