Ok, encontrei essse problema na internet num suporte do Ubuntu (se não
sabe inglês traduza no Google)

Sorry to hear you've had problems. This is the first time I've heard of
this error with Ubuntu, and I don't think the two are connected. I have
however heard of this error on fresh Windows XP installs before and it
indicates a damaged boot.ini file.

This isn't an Ubuntu problem so I can't really offer you a load of
support, but you may try the following. ---> also note this MS support
entry http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314477

Use the Bootcfg utility in the Recovery Console to correct the Boot.ini
file:
1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to start your computer.
2. When you receive the message to press R to repair Windows by using
the Recovery Console, press the R key.
3. Select the Windows installation that you want, and then type the
administrator password when prompted.
4. Type bootcfg /rebuild, and then press ENTER.
5. When the Windows installation is located, the following instructions
are displayed:
Add installation to boot list? (Yes/No/All)
[Type Y in response to this message.]

Enter Load Identifier:
[This is the name of the operating system. Type Windows XP Professional
or Windows XP Home Edition.]

Enter OS Load options:
[Leave this field blank, and then press ENTER].
After you perform the preceding steps, restart the computer, and then
select the first item on the boot menu. This should allow Windows XP to
start normally.

After Windows XP has successfully loaded, the Boot.ini can be modified
to remove the incorrect entry.

Espero que tenha entendido.

Para aqueles que acham que estou dando suporte de Windows, estou apenas
copiando o texto do Suporte OFICIAL do Ubuntu em:

Abç

--
Mais sobre o Ubuntu em português: http://www.ubuntu-br.org/comece