I encounterred this issue as well and appreciate the FAQ explanation by @Maxime et al.
If it helps: 1) Attach multiple monitors. 2) Run Ubuntu OS 26.04. 3) Open HomeBank with the main Homebank window on Monitor 1. 4) Select an account and select ADD (an entry) and make sure the ADD dialogue is on Monitor 1. 5) The Payee and Category drop-downs populate. 5) Move the same ADD dialogue window to Monitor 2. 6) The Payee and Category drop downs fail to populate (blank). 7) Move the same ADD dialogue window to Monitor 1. 8) The Payee and Category drop-downs populate. For me, the issue is moving a dialogue window from Screen 1 to Screen 2 where the drop-down population issue behaviour occurs. The easy fix, for me, is to remember to conduct all transactions on Screen 1. I was mystified by this as I commonly move Homebank ADD to Monitor 2 while reviewing a bank statgement on Monitor 1 (my larger monitor). I did not realize the population-issue was tied to screen placement until troubleshooting. As the FAQ explains, this appears a compositing issue. It looks like Wayland might change how one identifies/names each dialogue component. When moving the dialogue to Screen 2, the drop-down component does not "see" or "fire" the correct identification so never populates. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2006456 Title: (wayland): no autocompletion in Payee and Category To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/homebank/+bug/2006456/+subscriptions -- ubuntu-bugs mailing list [email protected] https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs
