I just tried to upgrade from 24.04.5 LTS to 26.whatever LTS, and got the
subject error-message.  Specifically, I did the following:

(1) "sudo do-release-upgrade"
(2) it downloaded a bunch of stuff, then noted that I had packages installed 
from a third-party source that wasn't known.
(3) it offered me the oppty to stop the upgrade, and I did that so that
(4) I could then remove those third-party packages
(5) then I retried step #1, and got the subject error-message.

I tried the Python code in the bug-description, and the "urlopen(url)"
worked fine, got a response object with code=200.

I see no cmdline options to enable verbosity or tracing -- is there a
way to further debug what's going wrong, short of running the do-
release-upgrade process in a python3 REPL?  That seems like a dangerous
way to upgrade one's server, after all.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2151246

Title:
  upgrades from all releases fail to fetch release announcement

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-release-upgrader/+bug/2151246/+subscriptions


-- 
ubuntu-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-bugs

Reply via email to