On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Why we should ask for a removal. We can write a sticky thread to point
>>> our users to the other forum (suggestion from Tormod on May 2007) [1]
>>
>> I think the point Marcus is suggesting it is that a forum with no
>> postings or only a sticky posting simply is bad publicity. That's all in
>> my opinion.
>
> +1
>
> Greets
> Marcus

Hi,
I agree that dead, empty forums are confusing and should be deleted.
However, in general, for gone-dead forums with lots of information I
prefer them to be closed, but available with sticky posts or notices,
since useful information can be googled up. It is a drawback of forums
(compared to e.g. mailing lists) that the hoster or forum
administrators deletes them or the site goes down and everything is
lost (now I am really digressing).

I think these forums are in the first category anyway.

Cheers,
Tormod