On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Darren Govoni wrote:

> I did that, however, the instance stays pending and never runs.
>
> Only the images installed from the image Store (with ramdisks) will run.
>
> Perhaps this is another problem and I see that others have it, but
> cannot solve. :(

These 2 things are most likely unrelated.
If you want to get a ramdisk, to try that, the images have a ramdisk in
them.  Try something like:
  tar -Sxvzf maverick-server-uec-amd64.tar.gz
  sudo mount -o loop,ro *.img /mnt
  sudo cp /mnt/boot/initrd*-virtual .
  sudo umount /mnt
  uec-publish-tarball --ramdisk-file initrd*-virtual \
      maverick-server-uec-amd64.tar.gz my-bucket amd64

If the resultant image fails when the one from the image store runs,
please open a bug using:
   ubuntu-bug eucalyptus-common
on the cloud controller.