Excerpts from Bo Shi's message of 2013-02-11 13:30:40 -0800:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Is there a way to ensure that a particular custom part-handler is run
> as the very last component to execute?
>
> We use EC2 UserData (augmented via Ubuntu's CloudInit) to install
> dependencies and have a relatively generic script to invoke
> ec2-bundle-vol.  Due to us not being terribly sophisticated in
> controlling the part execution order of our multi-part UserData, we're
> somewhat constrained on the CloudInit features we can use.  It would
> be straightforward to convert it to a part-handler plugin but, of
> course, this particular handler would have to execute last.

It sounds to me like you are doing way too much inside your userdata.

The idea would be to just do enough to set your system up to run things
the way you need them run. If you have multiple part handlers you're
doing something very strange.

Why not have just one parthandler, and have the others converted into
data for that one?