Sandis Neilands wrote:

Hi Sandis!

Thanks for that thorough test of the music. You obviously have better musical sense than me (not a difficult thing in in itself though) :)
OK, if space on CD wasn't a problem, then 3 - 4 different genres would
be perfectly fine. Unfortunately ubuntu ships with outdated windows
software, so we can't have space for something more interesting or
usable for actual users.
Interesting. I should do a separate post to the desktop and devel lists about the Windows-FOSS. OpenOffice is the big space hog there.
Few thoughts then. If we pick from classics, we shouldn't go with
religious (or American) hymns.
I agree. We need to be sensitive about this. I guess most of the classic choral works are an ode to God in some way, as is all of Bach as you point out. A Mozart or Italian opera piece might be better.
Thumbs up for Jupiter. Venus is very beautiful, but you are right,
that it's perhaps too sleepy for purpose of the example content.
However I can't stress enough how rude it is to cut (cripple) music.
If Jupiter or any other candidate is too long, then it's better to
drop it from candidate list, than cut it.
Hm, I was tempted to cut out a section, but I also didn't find a good place to cut really. Probably because it's not quite the same when taken out of context, as you say.

Than you for your list of suggestions. I will check those out.

I was also made aware of this site http://www.remixcommons.org/ which might have some interesting stuff.

These were suggested:

http://www.remixcommons.org/node/698
http://www.remixcommons.org/node/662