This is at least useful on a Live CD.

When I demonstrate Ubuntu with a live CD, I've nothing to do and I must always say : "If you had a picture, you could edit it with the gimp, there. If you had a word document, you could..."

Some videos, sounds and pictures samples could turn a boring demonstration into something very cool.

People will not remember that Ubuntu is easier or better. They will say : "I like your stuff. The picture of the bird was so cuuute !"  (and, hop, I can then increment my  Universal Ubuntu Conversion Counter)