Hi,

On Mon, June 5, 2006 18:32, Edir wrote:
> I would like to understand why the icons in panels are not been hidden
> automatically when they lost focus!
>
> For example, when you want to change the volume of the speakers, you click
> on volume control, change it and them you need to click on the icon to
> close. Why don't hide it when the focus is lost? This occurs to all the
> tools, calendar, deskbar, etc. If an option on panel lost its focus, this
> means i don't want to use it!

So, this is not a general behaviour: it works like what you would expect
in the volume control case, eg.

However, the calendar does not work like this. There was a discussion
about this a few years ago in GNOME bugzilla. It was pointed out that
when you open the calendar, you might want to do some other stuff and
check the date at the same time (eg, to see if the date of a trip you're
planning with a website are okay for you). But it would also make sense
to automatically close the calendar as you suggest: both usecases make
sense and a choice has to be made.

As for deskbar, it shouldn't behave this way. If it does, please file a
bug.

Thanks,

Vincent

--