Le mardi 05 septembre 2006 à 00:43 -0700, Corey Burger a écrit :

> I hate to do this, but I tagging this post again, because I did not
> get a response for either Sebastian Bacher or Daniel. Not set on the
> notification, but I would like to see the help icon restored.

We discussed that on IRC, I don't like the option very much to have the
yelp icon as launcher on the panel because that's not something users
run daily and they should not have it on the screen all the time then.

Some other options mentioned:
- having another menu label next to Applications, Places, System. My
opinion is that it would be too many too menus, especially for people
who change their configuration to use one panel
- having a first startup guide. It has been decided some time ago that
the first startup guide is not something Ubuntu wants to use
- using some sort of update-notifier notification going away when the
user has read it. That would be near of the launcher option since the
launcher is easy to remove from the panel
- using a notification bubble pointing on the system menu and explaining
that the help is available from it

None of them got a consensus on IRC. What would you people prefer for
that? Does anybody has some other ideas on how to do that? If nobody
comes with something better we will likely use the panel launcher option
because that's the easier path and other options are not (much) better
anyway

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher