Le jeudi 27 septembre 2007 à 23:14 -0300, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini a
écrit :
> Hi everyone,
>
> "System Tools" is a standard category of the XDG spec that is not used
> in a default Ubuntu desktop. Applications that usually go in that
> category have been moved to other places, such as "Accessories" or
> "Administration", or simply hidden by default.
>
> Looking at Gutsy, I think the Accessories menu is too crowded with
> applications that don't belong there (Bluetooth Analyzer, Disk Usage
> Analyzer, Terminal). Another problem with Ubuntu ignoring the XDG spec
> is that third party applications might install an entry in that
> category, so the user will end up with the extra category anyway.
>
> I'd like to suggest that Ubuntu reconsiders this change and reverts back
> to upstream behaviour.

hi,

That's something which has been discussed already and there is no easy
way to make the menus easier to browse. Using the System Tools is one
option, what people subscribed to the list thing about this change?

Sebastien Bacher