El mar, 05-02-2008 a las 16:30 +0100, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort escribió:
> Ricardo Pérez López wrote:
> > El mar, 05-02-2008 a las 14:42 +0100, Jo-Erlend Schinstad escribió:
> >> It would be nice if we had one directory for downloads, whether you
> >> download using Firefox, Transmission, or something else.
> >
> > +1
> >
> > The "Downloads" directory may also contain a symlink to the aMule's
> > "Incoming" directory, i.e. "~/.aMule/Incoming". Guadalinex [0] (an
> > Ubuntu derived distro from Spain) does that similarly.
>
> No, as aMule's Incoming directory is used as the shared folder, so you may end
> sharing the pictures you received via pidgin :)

Maybe I didn't explain well:

~/Downloads
~/Downloads/Incoming (a symlink to ~/.aMule/Incoming)

The pictures received with Pidgin will be in ~/Downloads directory,
outside the Incoming, so you will not share that with another aMule
users.

> > It could be even a symlink to the Temp directory (~/.aMule/Temp).
>
> This doesn't make sense to me, as you won't probably be able to use the files
> from there until they have finished (and then they'll be in Incoming...).

Sure, although sometimes (especially with video files, like movies) the
files inside the Temp directory can be preview.

Ricardo.