On 25/02/2008, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2008 04:46:32 Tony Yarusso wrote:
>  > I appreciate having the option there, since I don't actually use Synaptic,
>  > but like having a handy way to edit the sources list.  Going through
>  > Synaptic just takes more clicks...
>

> I am of the same opinion.
>  There should be an easy and quick way to edit the sources.

There is a quick and easy way to edit the sources.. Just open Synaptic
and access Software Sources from there. It's the same dialog. Editing
sources isn't something you do every day, so speed isn't an issue.
This is a feature of Synaptic, so why shouldn't you open Synaptic to
access it?

If you don't use Synaptic for package management, then why would you
use it to edit sources? If you only use the commandline tools, then
it's just as easy to do it manually, by adding or removing repos in
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/