I guess this is the way the way I see it:

-1 Feature freeze (2.6 has tons of new features)
+1 Longer support cycle which is a plus for an LTS
+1 Significant improvements that are worth pushing for
-1 Packaging seems non-obvious as the Abi folks have rearranged things
   a little bit.  Increases risk of doing something wrong.
+1 I like Abiword and would like to see it succeed, I think that 2.6
   lays and important foundation for future word processing on Ubuntu
---
+1 Total

So, I'm for it but I think it is a very close call.  I'll probably make
an attempt at the packaging as I want to play with Abicollab, but it
seems unlikely I'll get it right.  I think if we want this to happen
someone with significant deb-fu would have to do it.

                --Ted