On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:37, Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hey Corey,
>
> Corey Burger [2011-02-15 15:10 -0800]:
> > I noticed that Byobu is no longer installed by default. Is this a
> > conscious decision and is the size of byobu so big that its space is
> > required by something else?
>
> [...] screen/byobu aren't that important to have in the default desktop
> installation

is there a general definition for what exactly qualifies an application to
deserve the title "important"?
According to your statement, a definition might be found behind the word
"default desktop installation".

So i guess everything that goes beyond having a working Desktop Environment
is also not "important", correct?

This type of definition work helps a lot with deciding what packages will
eventually be removed, replaced or added to make the "default desktop
installation" more redundancy-free.