Hey,

Not sure if that one should be in the GNOME spec, but totem 3.2 switched
to have only clutter-gst as a video playing backend (i.e no xv backend).

We probably don't want to switch video players in a lts cycle but not
sure if we should go with the new version (we staying on 3.0 which still
uses xv for Oneiric). Clutter-gst might introduce issues (vblank was
mentioning as a potential issue with compiz during this cycle when we
discussed it), not sure how much it got tested on i.e armel or how much
it could be an issue on some video drivers...

Should we go for the new version and deal with issues or stay safe with
the old version using xv, or look for a different video player to use?

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher