El 09/11/11 16:59, Carl Karsten escribió:
On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Timo Jyrinki<timo.jyri...@gmail.com>  wrote:
2011/11/9 Carl Karsten<c...@personnelware.com>:
trying to keep the "incomplete language support" alert from coming up
on a fresh install.
My guesstimate by looking at the package contents would be that
language-selector installs
/usr/share/language-support/incomplete-language-support-gnome.note
into /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d, after which
/usr/share/doc/update-notifier/HOOKS happens. So, without checking
further, maybe: rm -f /var/lib/update-notifier/user.d/incomplete*
would help?

Probably it was Ubiquity (the installer) which writes that file. It does it when any of these packages (see attachment) is not installed.
Of course, replace '*-es' packages by the language you chose in Ubiquity :]

Seems to work.   Thanks.  This was a small iteration, like a child's
constant "are we there yet?"

So what is the the implication of this?  Like if I try to use the box
to surf, email or write up a document, what will I be missing?  I am
not too worried about it, but seems like something I should know.

It depends on the packages you are missing from the list I attach. Maybe you miss gimp-help-es or any spelling dictionary.

--
Roberto C. Morano
Área de Proyectos

Emergya Consultoría.