On Sunday 05 February 2012 11:56 AM, Viktor Basso wrote:
On 02/04/2012 02:51 PM, Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
In Precise we've upgraded to version 11 of both Firefox and
Thunderbird. But the reason for starting to upgrade frequently was
said to be that Mozillas support periods were limited for newer
versions after 3.6. But now we have the 10ESR versions of both. Why
are they not used instead of the short-term 11?

Thanks

Jo-Erlend Schinstad

I agree, Firefox 10 is the initial Enterprise Support Release and will
be maintained for 9 release cycles with a 2 cycle overlap for the next
version.
That means the next ESR is not due until Firefox 17.

It is illogical to run non-ESR on LTS, unless you are Captain Kirk.

And please rebuild and upload xul-ext-lightning and enigmail with support for TB 11. Even alpha/beta users need calendar and gpg support.

I didn't pay attention to the upgrade. Next time I'll make sure I upload only when the necessary dependencies are also met.

Ritesh