Instead, we should provide an easy way of getting to the
manufacturers support site. This is helpful to the user, and illustrates
who is to "blame" at the same time. That's what we call a Ubu/Ubu
situation.

As I mentioned, the application should have a Send To function. That
would enable you to transfer system information to an offline device as well, or print it out. Similarly, we might have an Install From function
if necessary.

Could imagine a 'Click here to send an email to the manufacturer!'

Which then loads up gmail/thunderbird with a pre-written email asking the manufacturer to support the hardware that is without a linux driver.

That'd get a few hits.

- David