Hey Mike,

Le 01/02/2013 23:50, Michael Terry a écrit :
Is there much reason to install gvfs-fuse by default?  The comment in
the seed is "let non-GNOME apps see GVFS via fuse."
I think the rational was "it provides some useful feature and doesn't take too much disk space", at a time where less applications were using gio and where we didn't think so much about memory usage

I think non-technical users are not likely to manually be pointing apps
at ~/.gvfs/*.  But fuse also lets apps that ask GIO for a path for a
remote URI be transparently given a ~/.gvfs path.
I don't think non-technical users are likely to browser /run/user/<user>/gvfs paths (those are the new .gvfs) but the gtkfilechooser has integration for those and will list the active mounts in its sidebar iirc
Do we feel like there are many apps likely to do this that don't declare
a recommends on gvfs-fuse?  Are there any apps likely to do that in the
default install?
That's a good question, we should probably investigate that indeed.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher