Le 12/03/2013 18:26, Ma Xiaojun a écrit :
Hi,
Hey,
I'm certainly not anti-Mir but I guess we shouldn't hurt Compiz right now.

(What is happening with compiz has little to do with Mir.)
Canonical is focussing work on the next generation components but that shouldn't "hurt" compiz in any away. Sure it means Canonical will help less on landing changes, but nothing stop the community to write/review/test/merge work on compiz.
It is reported that some well tested performance improvement patch of
Compiz is blocked by Raring.
It's not "blocked by Raring", or do you mean "it missed the feature freeze and will not land this cycle in Ubuntu"? (which is not specific to compiz, Ubuntu is having cycles with feature freezes for ever)

The resolution I feel best is that merging Sam Spilsbury's patch and
freeze Compiz afterwards.
In this way, the PR issue can be mostly solved and it doesn't require
unfeasible man power.

If the story is very different from what is reported, can someone
elaborate on it?

Not sure about what random websites are writing (sorry no time/interest to read the troll sites) but the situation is:
- Ubuntu raring is feature frozen
- Changes need to be reviewed/tested/approved to land
- Compiz has an history of being a fragile piece of code, fixes often have side effects, so we are cautious about landing non trivial patches late in the cycle - The current manpower is limited and people in the desktop team focussed on other things - Raring ships a raring branch of compiz, nothing stops the patch to land in compiz trunk and users/ppas/other distros to run that version, if you do the testing will probably help to build confidence in the patch and maybe get it to land in Ubuntu

Sebastien Bacher