On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Rodney Dawes <rodney.da...@canonical.com> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-10-26 at 21:45 +0100, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
With respect to bug #1163886, I have now reproduced it multiple times
 using 13.10 released i386 desktop cd, in the live session running in
 the VM (qemu/kvm).
 Full instructions posted at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-center/+bug/1163886/comments/84 Rodney, do you think you'll be able to look at the above bug again?

As I stated in the bug report, it is so far as I can tell, not a bug in
software-center. It is a regression in the newer version of webkit.
There
has been no evidence provided in the bug report to suggest that it is a
problem in software-center, or that making any change in
software-center,
would resolve the issue. While some have suggested commenting a single
line
in the software-center code would fix the issue for them, I have
reviewed
the code that is mentioned there several times, and there is simply no
way
that it is directly responsible for the problem.

On the other hand, the crash (and any stack trace that anyone is able to
get
from the crash), suggests that webkit is passing invalid data into a
pixmap
that it tries to push through the X server, and which then of course
throws
the BadPixmap error.

Given that, has the bug been reported to the WebKit developers? If so, what's the URL of the bug report at WebKit?

adam