That is a valid point, Pipelight depending on a patched version of Wine. I
hadn't actually considered that when I wrote the original email.

So I guess that'd be the challenge if anyone was up for it. I still don't
understand why it would have to block anything, though, if it enables you
to do stuff on its own. There would be no real-life competition between
compholio and upstream wine. It should be possible to have both if that's
necessary in order to accomplish something major. And I think Pipelight
does exactly that.