Hello,

On 2014-12-11 12:25 PM, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 11.12.2014, 01:26 +0100 schrieb Oliver Grawert:

> http://news.softpedia.com/news/Canonical-Intends-to-Keep-Its-Notifications-without-User-Interaction-on-Unity-8-467206.shtml

Wow. Just wow.

> so since this seems to hit social media and will most likely trash my
> end of year vacation (it is really lovely to get personal attack mails
> and stuff when you are on vacation, i have been through this a few times
> now due to someone spreading FUD based on mails i sent to MLs as
> personal opinion) ...
>
> i want to make something very very clear:
>
> I AM NOT SPAKING FOR CANONICAL !!!!!
>
> everything i said in this thread is my own opinion
> *as a user of the system*
>
> while i am a canonical employee i am neither a member of the
> ubuntu-desktop team nor am i working in the canonical design team, i
> make *no decisions at all* over  any desktop design.
>
> seriously, am i not allowed to have an own opinion ???
>

> *SIGH*

I am not speaking for Canonical either.

I'm not a designer.
I'm not on the desktop team.
I'm in no way responsible for that decision.

I was simply stating my personal opinion. I think the notification system we
have now is a step up and a definite improvement over the old-style
click-to-dismiss notifications we had in Gnome 2.

Again, just my opinion.

Marc.