>> Gnome Calendar - to be added to the image.  This brings a stand-alone
>> Calendar application with integration with Unity.
> I've been reviewing this since the UOS, and I'd prefer to go with
> xul-ext-lightning calendar integrated into Thunderbird instead.  It's
> definitely more tested and feature complete and Mozilla actually
> started including it by default in upstream builds in v38.   It's
> already used by enterprises and we can expect it to be around and
> supportable in 5 years.

I'm a happy user of Lightning too, and I started using it once I
noticed it being included in default Thunderbird builds by upstream. I
use it with my Debian CalDAV server.

> Doesn't integrate with the date applet.  (The last two might be fixable)

I don't know how much work real integration would be, but as a
band-aid I'm currently using ”EDS Calendar Integration” extension on
my Thunderbird which makes the events available in the date applet.

-Timo