Dear developers,

Thanks to all of you for your help in making this past Thursday's beta
release a great success.  10.04 LTS is shaping up to be a great release!

A brief reminder of the timeline for freezes in these crucial last three
weeks:

 - The Beta freeze is lifted, but FeatureFreeze[1] is still in effect.  Please
   don't forget to file your freeze exception requests if you're looking to
   have non-bugfix changes go in before the final release!

 - The final freeze goes into effect this Thursday, April 15.  After this
   date, all changes to the archive must be manually approved by a member of
   the release team.  Don't expect feature freeze exceptions to be granted
   after this date!  The focus will instead be on fixing critical bugs so
   that we can have a solid 10.04 LTS release.

 - For packages in universe that aren't seeded in any of the Ubuntu flavors,
   this final freeze is nominal; packages must be manually accepted by the
   archive admins, but no additional approval is required.  This means that
   if you *are* trying to get a package in that needs a FeatureFreeze
   exception, it's important that you get release team approval *first*,
   because the archive admins are not expected to check for an exception
   approval before accepting these packages.

 - We do need to have a cutoff for these packages as well, so that they all
   have a chance to build before the archive is closed for release.  The
   hard cutoff for these universe packages will be April 26; you should plan
   to have your changes uploaded before this date, since any last-minute
   rush on the queue risks us rejecting some packages to avoid overloading
   the builders.

And remember that, since this is a long-term supported (LTS) release, there
are ample opportunities for further bugfixes after the final release by way
of the SRU process[2].  Point releases for Ubuntu and Kubuntu LTS will be
made at roughly six-month intervals, with the first expected in July 2010 to
address any critical issues not identified or fixed in time for the 10.04
LTS release.

Cheers,
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess