 * Colin Watson (chair)
 * Kees Cook
 * Martin Pitt
 * Matt Zimmerman
 * Soren Hansen
 * Stéphane Graber

= Notes =

 * Action review
  * Colin to setup a survey for a new Technical Board meeting time --
'''DONE''', should have responses soon
  * Stéphane to contact Stefano Rivera and if he agrees to be on the DMB, add
him to the LP team and mailing list -- '''DONE'''
  * Stéphane to update the term of the DMB members to 2 years -- '''DONE'''
  * Stéphane to add the new members to the ARB -- '''DONE''' though still
waiting for mailing list admin privileges

 * LTS cadence
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2011-November/001121.html
  * By e-mail, Soren proposed codifying the long-term-support cycle length to
two years, which has been the practical reality for some time anyway.  Mark
supported this, with the proviso that we allow ourselves to make a one-time
shift of six months either way in the event that Debian moved to a two-year
cycle slightly out of phase with us.
  * We discussed various aspects of this in the meeting, but the board was
aware that by this point people within the Ubuntu project were essentially
operating on the assumption that the two-year cycle was fixed anyway, and the
effect of making this official would mainly be to make us more predictable from
other points of view.  By now, this is simply what our users expect from us.
  * The TB voted unanimously in favour of ratifying the e-mailed proposals.

 * Streamlining package set management
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2011-October/001104.html
  * The Developer Membership Board (via Iain Lane) requested some minor changes
to the package set management process to allow them to make small adjustments
without the need for developers to present themselves at a DMB meeting, as long
as those changes are advertised on devel-permissions@ with a waiting period.
  * The TB felt that a waiting period was not necessary for such changes, given
e-mail announcements to devel-permissions@.  Aside from that, we approved
Iain's proposal unanimously.

 * Proposal for criteria to become and remain a recognized derivative flavor,
and proposal for criteria to designate flavor release as LTS
  * https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecognizedDerivatives
  * Kate Stewart proposed some criteria for derivatives of Ubuntu to be
recognised as flavours that we build as part of the coordinated Ubuntu release
processes, and criteria for them to be designated as LTS releases.  (The former
was largely codifying existing practice; the latter was new.)
  * We suggested some tweaks, but on the whole, this was close enough to what
we understood as existing practice that we approved it unanimously.  The TB
retains full discretion on designating a flavour as LTS (and some flavours are
interested).

 * Opening backports pre-release
  * https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2011-November/001122.html
  * We had some initial discussion about this, but were unable to finish due to
time pressure.  This will continue at the next meeting.

 * Next meeting is 2011-11-17.

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]