Hi Developers of Ubuntu!

We’re introducing an (old but) new initiative, the patch pilot program. This program is all about mentoring contributors to navigate through patch submissions, package sponsoring, and other contribution activities.  Please read the full announcement here, especially so if you're reading along and have considered contributing but got stuck. A special thanks to those of you who have already flown a few piloting sessions, you're making a big difference for those interested in contributing!

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/welcome-back-patch-pilots-ubuntu-s-guiding-stars-return/37911

What aspects of contributing to Ubuntu do you find challenging? This will help guide what future patch piloting tasks would be valuable, or if there are other ways that we could improve the contribution process. You are welcome to respond either on the mentioned discourse post or here, or create a new topic on the community discourse category.

Finally, if you'd like to become a patch pilot, please read the guide at https://ubuntu.com/community/contribute/ubuntu-development/ubuntu-patch-pilots .

Happy flying!

Philipp
Ubuntu Community Team