Ming Hua wrote:

> > My understanding is that Jordan and you are giving two different
> > examples.  I feel Jordan's example, discussing TeX-related packages that
> > have broken deps or upgrading/installing problems is a good topic for
> > ubuntu-devel.  Your example, discussing what packages should be
> > maintained by -tex team, is probably not.

I primarily saw an ubuntu-tex list as a bug contact and place to
coordinate ~ubuntu-tex activity. However, as Matt pointed out
ubuntu-devel and -discuss are supposed to be for development
discussions. I think we can probably use IRC and the wiki page for
communication that wouldn't be great for -devel.

> > Also, adding a new list have the problem of making interested people
> > subscribe, set up filter, etc., while discussing on ubuntu-devel
> > requires no extra efforts.

I was actually thinking it would be better as I was expecting a decent
amount of people (Debian maintainers and testers/users) who wouldn't
normally be subscribed to ubuntu-devel or -discuss. I also feel like, as
far as bugmail goes, a mailing list is easier to filter.

I thought it'd be helpful to have an ubuntu-tex list, but now I think I
was probably wrong, at least for the time being. If people are ok with
having TeX talk here and on -devel then I'm fine with it.  :-)

-Jordan