On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 07:23:41PM +0200, Sven wrote:

> In short terms: I propose that during grub setup/configuration the grub
> password in menu.lst is activated by default. Please let me explain why.

Providing a grub password by default risks giving people the impression
that the system is secure, while in fact there are several other steps
that would be required for that to be true (disabling CD drive booting,
BIOS password, physical security of machine to prevent BIOS being reset
or drives removed). Instead, we should make it easy for people to learn
what needs to be done to make a system secure.

--
Matthew Garrett | [EMAIL PROTECTED]