On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 12:39:21PM +0200, Thilo Six wrote:
> Alec Wright wrote the following on 19.05.2007 12:10:
>
> > Is anyone else having these problems in gutsy: http://pastebin.ca/496576
> > Should I file a bug report?
>
> Broken dependencies are quite usual in development releases.
> e.g.
> package A gets updated and now has new dependencies (higher versions or even
> new dependencies that have not been there before) on B.
> Now B needs an update, too.
> In the meantime you´ll get a "BROKEN" A.
> Since developers only can work serial on packages these things get usually
> (from my experience) sorted out in a short days.

Note also that the archive is automatically scanned for problems like this,
because they can be detected by analyzing the dependencies.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment#head-9827dcffcca6eba8f5fd799ad13d3fa7f8116c39

This can also be caused by packages which are still building, or waiting to
build, on some architectures, and other normal processes.

--
 - mdz